Sunday , April 11 2021

WHO officials predict another 6 months of fighting Ebola in the Congo



The head of the emergency for the World Health Organization said he hoped the Ebola Congo outbreak would last at least another six months, and said informal health facilities had become the "main driver" of the deadly transmission at this time.

Dr. Peter Salama said the "traditional-modern" health center offering traditional and modern treatments – is believed to be associated with more than half of the cases in Beni, the largest city affected by the current epidemic that has consumed more than 200 people. .

Salama, who returned from a trip to eastern Congo hit by Ebola last week, said Tuesday it seemed "very possible" that some cases of Ebola had been misdiagnosed as malaria, because the initial symptoms were almost identical.

He said WHO planned "at least six more months before we can announce this outbreak."


Source link