Friday , September 20 2019
Home / singapore / The man who was rescued from the burning of the Bukit Batok flat died in a hospital, Singapore News & Top Stories

The man who was rescued from the burning of the Bukit Batok flat died in a hospital, Singapore News & Top Stories



SINGAPORE – A 40-year-old man who was rescued from a flat in the Bukit Batok Housing Council in the early hours of Thursday (July 18) died at the hospital.

The Straits Times understands that the man, who suffered third-degree burns on 40 percent of his body, died at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) on Saturday afternoon.

He also suffered coma since the incident because of lack of oxygen to his brain.

The police are investigating the unnatural death.

Firefighters rescued the man and his wife who were trapped in their flat on the 26th floor of Blok 293D Jalan Bukit Batok 21 at 12:40 that morning.

Officers who wore breathing apparatus cut through the iron gate and opened a wooden door in front of the door to find the man unconscious, said the Singapore Civil Defense Force (SCDF).

He was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and then transferred to SGH, where he was in the intensive care unit.

His wife, who was also found in a flat, was taken to SGH to breathe smoke.

Bukit Batok MP Murali Pillai said in a Facebook post on Thursday that the cause of the fire was traced to two e-scooters. The SCDF said it was still investigating this case.

Residents of ST spoke by saying that the couple lived in a unit with a dog and parrot. They don't have children.

The Chinese-language newspaper Shin Min Daily News reported on Saturday that the couple had escaped the fire by climbing into the flat of the flat of the flat but the man ran back to a burning flat to save his pet. He then collapsed near the toilet.

Neighbors said the man was in harmony with other residents, and was always cheerful.

He was also an animal lover and had previously cared for several parrots, they added.


Source link