Saturday , May 8 2021

"Plastic Odyssey", a boat to raise awareness about recycling plastic waste



A boat that chooses to use plastic as fuel: this is Plastic Odissey's adventure. A prototype was launched. Part of the crew was in Brussels to present the project on Thursday.

"This catamaran is a recycling ambassador. "Explain Simon Bernard, engineer and project initiator. Several teams of engineers have been put together to develop systems, which are freely accessible. In principle? Plastics are processed to get diesel fuel and gasoline, which is part of the component. One kg of plastic can provide one liter of fuel .

The goal is not to clean the ocean. "Once at sea, it's too late: only 1% of plastic waste floats on the surface, the remaining 99% sinks or breaks down into microparticles.", Explain Simon Bernard again."The faucet must be turned off at the source and recycling must be accessible. ""The idea is to offer the most polluted countries, developing countries, recycling technology that can be replicated and improved to create a monial network of small recycling companies. "

Simon BERNARD, Engineer and initiator of the Odyssey Plastic project is a guest M, mag editor
M, editor magazine, from Tuesday to Friday, at 18:20


Source link