The Ministry of Emergency Situations recommends not collecting mushrooms that grow in polluted areas.
This was reported by RIA Novosti with a reference to the agency.
As noted by the rescue team, when collecting mushrooms, one must carefully monitor not only whether they are poisonous, but also the area where they grow.
So, for example, edible fungi become toxic when they grow in polluted natural conditions, near industrial plants or highways, where toxic waste, and mercury and lead are released into the atmosphere or water.
The office emphasizes that if you feel unwell after eating mushrooms, you should immediately consult a doctor. Early signs of poisoning can occur in 12-14 hours, and if immediate action is not taken, then after two or three days treatment may be useless.
Also, the Ministry of Emergency Situations notes that if there is no chance to receive immediate medical assistance, you need to drink in a row from five to six glasses of water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate and press your fingers on the root of the tongue to encourage vomiting. This procedure will be more effective if repeated about five times.
Previously, SC began checking after a family of four people poisoned mushrooms on the outskirts of the city.
On July 8, Olga Grigorian, Prospective Medical Sciences, leading researcher at the FITS Nutrition and Biotechnology Clinic Clinical Nutrition Clinic, in an interview with Izvestia, evaluated the caloric content of mushrooms.