BEKKESTUA (VG) Stian Rode Gregersen (25) was injured the last time Molde met Arsenal and had to report for their first national A team meeting – turned out to be fine.
The midfielder left the pitch during the break due to injury when Molde visited Arsenal on November 5.
As such, the 25-year-old will have to stay at home instead of attending national team meetings for the first time after he was initially selected in the squad for Norway’s matches against Israel, Romania and Austria.
Watch the Elite Series and OBOS League live on Dplay
“It’s awkward not to be allowed to join in there, but in retrospect I wouldn’t be playing any matches,” Gregersen told VG.
As he sits at home in Molde treating a muscle injury in his thigh, a lot of drama takes place at the national team meeting in Oslo.
The war against Israel was canceled after it was proven that the Israeli forces had infected them. Then Omar Elabdellaoui tested positive for the coronavirus and the entire national team squad was placed in infection quarantine and ultimately refused to travel to Romania by the Norwegian health authorities.
For the match against Austria, Norway fielded a “national emergency team” – a player not included in the original squad – and drew in Vienna.
– Special enough to follow. It’s good that I stay at home, the midfielder told VG.
– If not, then you will be quarantined at the hotel now?
– Yes, and then I didn’t play this match and it wasn’t a goal either. Good luck – can you say that? said the 25-year-old woman with a small smile.
Time at home is clearly well spent. Gregersen played just over half an hour against Stabæk in the first game after the national team break and scored a pretty good goal:
– In the first two corners I was on the pitch and at war, so I thought I should stay for a while and hope the ball falls with me. It happened and then only to … said the goalscorer before he was interrupted by team-mate Andreas Linde.
– You can ask if it was purely a match, goalkeeper Molde told the VG envoy – who asked further questions.
– Yes, clean enough to go in, Gregersen replied.
However, when Christian secondary was replaced by Kristoffer Haugen, it was because two of his teammates had to give up.
He hopes Birk Risa and Martin Bjørnbak will be ready to play until Arsenal visit the Aker Stadium on Thursday.
The opposing settlement ended 4-1 for the London team after Martin Ellingsen shocked Emirates and sent Molde the lead:
– We had a good first half, but their quality was good, you know, Gregersen said of Arsenal.
– We can’t make mistakes. Then we will be severely punished. We have to be perfect in that fight if we are to gain something.
Check out more stats for the Elite Series on VG Live.
- Champions League qualification
- Europa League qualification
- Relegation qualification
VG Discount Code
Commercial collaboration with kickback.no