Estelle will think twice in the future if she wants to dye her hair again. French students from Vitry bought two weeks ago a box of hair dyes from well-known brands that – like almost all hair dyes – contain PPD or paraphenylene diamine, a highly toxic dye.
Because of bad experiences with similar products, Estelle took precautionary measures: she first tested a little hair dye on her skin to see if there was any irritation that would occur. Only then did he wait only half an hour for the 48 hours the package was prescribed. So, the Frenchman continued without suspicion and brought the product to his hair.
The consequences did not last long: Estelle's scalp began to itch and the top of her head seemed to swell. The student tried to suppress allergic reactions with soothing creams and antihistamines, but the next morning it just seemed to get worse.
He was really surprised by & # 39; round head & # 39 ;.
"I have a round head, my face looks like a light bulb," said the young woman, who immediately went to first aid.
That is clearly not the first time doctors see symptoms. Estelle receives corticosteroids and antihistamines. But the situation did not improve at home.
On the contrary. "We then went to another hospital. Estelle suddenly had difficulty breathing in the car," his mother told us. "His tongue began to swell and his heart beat faster."
& # 39; Choose a professional & # 39;
The doctor gave students adrenaline and kept him awake all night. Meanwhile he improved and he was allowed to leave the hospital again.
Estelle especially wanted to warn people with her story and photos. "I made mistakes and did not want anyone to make the same mistakes as me."
The doctors advised him not to dye his hair in the future, but gave it to a professional.