Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common diseases in the world. This tends to be trapped in invisible and irreversible changes in health and well-being. Unlike type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes can often be prevented with self help. Marits Šukele aerophotophyte stresses that today, type 2 diabetes affects more young people, and shares advice on how to deal with the risk of disease.
"2. Type 1 diabetes is a metabolic disease that causes the body to improperly develop insulin. As a result insulin is insufficient in the body, may be normal or even increase, but the use of insulin in cells is impaired and blood sugar remains high. Sugar cannot be prevented by reducing or remove sweets from the menu. To avoid disease, it is necessary to provide conditions where the body can function normally, "explained the pharmacist.
Maintain a normal weight
- Normal weight increases rational use of insulin in the body. On the other hand, being overweight is considered a major risk factor for developing diabetes for women and men.
- When the body becomes fat, the size and number of fat cells increases, which makes it difficult to penetrate glucose in cells, which requires an increase in the amount of insulin – the pancreas cannot produce the amount needed.
- With the increasing need for insulin, changes in metabolism and the body begin to function incorrectly.
- The risk of developing diabetes is also determined by the placement of fat in the body. Upper obesity (apple obesity) increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes mellitus more than oblique body parts (pears).
For the prevention of diabetes, foods that provide all the necessary nutrients and minerals are valuable, but do not encourage excessive weight accumulation. Each food must be based on the so-called "dish principle", where half the dish is intended for vegetables.
- Vegetables must be fresh.
- If you prepare a salad, without fatty sauce, they can be poured with light olive oil and orange fruit sauce.
- ¼ Dishes must be provided for protein products – meat, fish, dairy products, eggs, peas, and ¼ carbohydrate dishes – for flour products.
- Good choices are whole grain products, such as grain pasta, brown rice, various grits and grains.
It is recommended to use only small amounts of healthy (unsaturated) fats, such as olive oil, rapeseed oil or flaxseed, for food preparation.
- The best choice for cooking is an oven or sauteed dish where food can be cooked without excess fat.
- Excessive consumption of heavy meat, cakes, pastries, chocolate and other sweets should be avoided.
- Must be at least 2 liters of water.
- It is recommended to plan meals regularly and avoid being misleading between meals to keep the menu healthy and balanced.
- Read on to the next page