Solopos.com, JAKARTA – Attractive Honda from circulation (recalls) 64,785 SUVs and minivans due to brake problems which risk triggering accidents, although there have been no reports of accidents and injuries related to this problem.
Surface layers that are not applied properly on the rear brake calipers have caused gas bubbles to stop at the hydraulic circuit and cause reduced brake performance, according to the US highway traffic safety agency (NHTSA) in its report.
Honda, according to an independent agency Consumer Reports was quoted on Sunday (11/18/2018), had received information about the problem from a supplier. Honda then conducted an internal investigation.
Other car makers, including Audi and Volkswagen, Fiat Chrysler, General Motors, and Mercedes-Benz have announced withdrawals for the same problem.
This production defect in the braking system makes Honda have to attract the 2017-2019 Acura MDX SUV, the 2018-2019 HR-V SUV, and the 201 Odd Odyssey minivan. Acura is a Honda luxury brand.
Honda expects the withdrawal to begin on December 17, and dealers will fix the problem, including removing or replacing vehicle brake fluids and refilling.
The vehicles affected by this problem are as follows:
- Acura MDX 2017 production June 22 2016 July 28 2017
- Acura MDX 2018 production March 22 2018-2 August 2018
- Acura MDX 2019 production June 27 2018 September 4 2018
- Acura MDX Sport Hybrid 2018 production April 4 2018 July 25 2018
- Honda HR-V 2016 production February 16 2016 March 19 2016
- Honda HR-V 2018 production March 20 2018-7 June 2018
- Honda HR-V 2019 production April 10 2018 May 23, 2018
- 2019 Honda Odyssey production May 3, 2017 April 17 2018
- 2019 Honda Odyssey production April 12 2018 June 14 2018.
-> <! –