London: British Paceman, Mark Wood, has been trying to recover from injury in time to play a role in Ashes against Australia.
Wood will miss up to six weeks after experiencing team tensions during last Sunday's World Cup final victory over New Zealand.
The 29-year-old will not play next week's one-off test against Ireland at Lord's or the first Test against Australia when the Ashes take place at Edgbaston on August 1.
But Durham Wood star still hopes he can return to full fitness in time for the last two Tests in the five-match series.
"I might make the last pair (Test). Everything depends on the selection," Wood said BBC 5 Live Sportsweek on Sunday.
"Hopefully the injury will heal at that time and I will return with speed and will play several matches for Durham.
"My team's injury is four to six weeks, so hopefully I will continue to play towards the end of the season, but if not, this is a fantastic summer so far for British cricket.
"There's still a lot more to be done and hopefully for me there's still a little more cricket game."
Wood played a key role throughout the World Cup, but was clearly in pain as he tried to maintain his bowling speed for 10 overs in the final against New Zealand.
He said he still pinched himself after British heroism at Lord's.
"To be honest, it's hard to believe," he added.
"You would think it would sink now but to become a world champion, it still made me shiver to hear it and watch it.
"I still feel at the top of the world. I know I might have been injured, but I didn't look past the World Cup at first.
"I know Ashes is around the corner, but I'm above the moon that I got the World Cup dream."
| Updated Date: