According to the latest publication from the Beer Guide 2018, 9 of the 10 best beers that are most consumed in Chile are handmade and come from the country.
Over the years, the Chilean craft beer industry has increased, finding more and more products of national origin in supermarkets and stores. So much so that this year they are ranking leaders published in the Beer Guide, conducted by the School of the Senses.
"What distinguishes craft beer from traditional ones is their distinctive taste. Today we can find that beer from the north of our country is very different from beer from the south, because they usually use local ingredients, achieving identification with the site", Francisco said Podlech, founder of Nexobeer, a company dedicated to the diffusion and distribution of craft beer.
Only a boom in craft beer in Chile, caused the company to create this type of beverage spread from the country. "We have an extensive catalog where you can see some of the beers given in the ratings made by the Beer Guide 2018 and many other beers that will exploit the senses of consumers," he added.
For the selection of the best beers distributed in Chile, the School of Senses, the organization responsible for the 2018 Beer Guide, considers various tasting stages: visual evaluation, smell, taste and final evaluation. Each beer scores from 1 to 5, to 1 simple beer and 5 beers that touch perfection.
Nine best craft beers
1. Black Collar Foreign Extra Stout. Originally from Valdivia, this beer earned 4.85 points, positioning itself as the winner of the day. Even though the beer's alcoholic content is enough, which is 8 °, you can appreciate the touch of balsamic, chocolate, and malt with small toffee coloring.
2. Trog Salum WIPA (Fresh hop). In second place with a score of 4.82, this beer has 7.2 degrees of alcohol. Made at Peñaflor, it has a spicy aroma and a touch of orange, being a very refreshing beer, especially for the upcoming hot days.
3. Zigurat American Pale Ale. This beer has a very exotic aroma, a mixture of mint, rue and fruits such as grapefruit and mango. "Even though it has little bitterness, it balances very well with mint, making it very refreshing for summer afternoons, especially because it doesn't contain a lot of alcohol, so you can take more than two to thirst for the weather. us, "explained the founder of Nexobeer (nexobeer.cl).
4. Jester Luptopia (Imperial West Coast Ipa). In fourth place, with 4.80 points, this beer is dark gold. The aroma of the forest is mixed with bitter taste, making it the ideal beer for dinner.
5. Szot Imperial Red Ale 2016 (10 years). From Talagante, this beer came a little sweeter than before. With 8 degrees of alcohol, they are similar to the most visited beer on the west coast of the United States. The key to this beer is malt. It has a perfect balance between bitterness and sweetness, with the scent of orange, roasted and caramel.
6. Hail Tue Tue Imperial Black HBC 472. With a distinctive Olmué aroma, there is the aroma and taste of candied beans, sweet bread, and a little brandy.
7. Jester Saison (Belgian farmhouse Ale). From the capital comes this beer that gets 4.75 points in the ranking made by 2018 Beer Guide. Even though it has some degree of alcohol, you can appreciate the taste that is reminiscent of gin.
8. Szot Kriek Barricas Series 2017. Once again, from Peñaflor this beer comes with a fruity aroma, can distinguish cherries and apple cider, there is a good mixture, with perfect acidification.
9. Trog Salum ORIS (American Oak). With a score of 4.75, this 9-degree alcoholic beer has a color that simulates a cake dessert, such as a black forest or tiramisu. Although it seems like a sweet beer, this one has a taste that looks like a understorey and soil.