Friday , November 22 2019
Home / canada / Mother Warns About the Dangers of Magnetic Toys After Men's Emergency Operations

Mother Warns About the Dangers of Magnetic Toys After Men's Emergency Operations



Image via Fox 6 News Milwaukee

Popular magnetic toys present a very real and very serious danger

A mother's viral post is now making headlines, warning parents about the dangers of magnetic toys. After accidentally swallowing 13 magnets from a toy, his son had to undergo emergency surgery to remove the intestine and large intestine.

Jennifer White, a Wisconsin mother, initially shared the terrible ordeal of her 4-year-old son, Beck, in a Facebook post.

"We headed to the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee," he wrote. "Beck and mom took an ambulance and Father met us there."

Image via Facebook / Jennifer White

Apparently, White's son opened a magnetic toy and swallowed 13 small magnets. "I feel guilty about AF and terrible about posting this but I don't want other children to experience this," he said. "If you have a child or chewer this is dangerous and we will move it from our house. Dogs can also break this too. "

After looking sick and vomiting, White and her husband immediately took Beck to the hospital where he had surgery to remove the large intestine, intestine and appendix. According to FOX 6 News, magnets create holes and infections in their intestines. White shared in a recent post that his son is still resting in the hospital and trying to recover from infection.

The danger posed by magnetic toys is something that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) warns. When magnets are ingested, they can pull together with enough strength to cause serious and life-threatening damage to the digestive system.

White told FOX 6 News that he did not want other parents to bear what he and his family experienced, which is why he shared his story in public. As someone who just bought magnetic Picasso Tiles for my three-year-old child it's very Christmas and don't know about all this – I am personally very grateful he shared this story.

"It's a very simple toy," said White. "We made sure that he was old enough, age above the box, I chewed myself. It sounds crazy, but I have children with special needs and sometimes you need a little extra and I do those things to make sure … If you have them in your home, make sure you know when they are played, don't let the kids own it. "

Unintentional magnetic consumption can produce symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting, and fever.


Source link