The Brazilian team faces Argentina this Friday, at 14.00 (Brasilia time), in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in the second friendly match of the past year – on Tuesday, against South Korea, in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates). Classics will be held at the King Saud University stadium.
Without winning four matches – the last time in the Copa America final, 3-1 against Peru – the Brazilian team reviewed Argentina for the first time since the Mineirão semifinal controversy – 2-0, goals from Gabriel Jesus and Roberto Firmino, are entitled to many complaints from Messi and criticism hard from the Argentine federation against arbitration.
- Tite closed the training and made a selection force mystery to face Argentina
Tite gathers national team players before training: Brazil makes friendships again before the end of 2019 – Photo: Pedro Martins / MoWA Press
- Argentina lost training before the friendly match against Brazil, and the coach regretted the absence of Neymar
Coach Tite did not reveal the team that took to the field, but had to promote changes in defense and midfield: Éder Militão replaced Marquinhos, and Lucas Paquetá replaced Philippe Coutinho.
Without Neymar, who is injured, who will act on the left side of the attack is Willian.
Argentina came bursting at the seams after beating Ecuador 6-1 and holding Germany away from home (2-2) – two friendly matches from the October FIFA team date Lionel Scaloni. Messi and Aguero were confirmed in the Argentine attack.
- Tite said he and the national team wanted to reinvent themselves and see the team "happy without being irresponsible"
Argentina star: Messi confirmed in the Scaloni team – Photo: AFA
The latest duel marked Brazil's lead with four wins from Brazil – one series and one Argentina victory in 2017. See the latest games:
- Brazil 2×0, 10/11/14, Super Classic / Beijing, two by Tardelli
- Brazil 1 x 1 Argentina, 11/13/15, Knockout Round / Del Nuñez Monumental Goals, Lavezzi and Lucas Lima
- Brazil 3-0, 11/10/16, Qualification / Mineirão, goals from Phillipe Coutinho, Neymar and Paulinho
- Argentina 1-0, 06/06/17, Friendly match / Melbourne, Mercado goals
- Brazil 1-0, 10/16/18, Friendly match (Super Classic) / Jeddah, Miranda's goal
- Brazil 2-0, day 02/07/19, Copa América (semifinals) / Mineirão, goals from Gabriel Jesus and Roberto Firmino
TV Globo broadcasts with narration by Galvão Bueno, comments by Junior and Casagrande. At the Whistle Center, Oliveira PC.
On SporTV, Luiz Carlos Jr. recounted the match. Lódio Carmona and Muricy Ramalho commented.
GloboEsporte.com follows in real time, with exclusive videos, and transmits live post-match interviews to the two teams.
The highlight of this season at Real Madrid, Rodrygo, a revelation from Santos, stands on the bench. Tite plans to give him the opportunity for two matches for him and other young people, such as full-back Renan Lodi, to make a good appearance at the October friendly. Absent from the last call, goalkeeper Alisson returned to the Tite team.
The Brazil squad that will face Argentina is: Alisson, Danilo, Éder Militão, Thiago Silva and Alex Sandro; Casemiro, Arthur and Paquetá; Gabriel Jesus, Willian and Roberto Firmino.
Possible squad to face Argentina – Photo: GloboEsporte.com
Argentina – Coach Lionel Scaloni
There is no reason for the finalists Libertadores, River Plate, Scaloni's line of possibility is: Andrada; Foyth, Otamendi, Kannemann (Pezzella) and Tagliafico; Paredes, De Paul and Lo Celso (Acuña); Lautaro Martínez (Alario), Messi and Agüero.
Matthew Conger (New Zealand), assisted by James Rule (New Zealand) and Tevita Makasini (Tonga). The fourth official is Khalid Alturais (Saudi Arabia).