After Samsung, the Chinese Huawei Group has postponed the launch of its newest smartphone market that is developing. Instead of mid-year, devices whose screens can be expanded to tablet size, now in September come on the market, as a Huawei spokesman said the US channel CNBC. Among other things, it must be improved on the Mate X model, display quality, said a Huawei manager from the "Wall Street Journal" (WSJ).
Samsung initially wanted to launch its rival Galaxy Fold in April. However, the launch was postponed at the last moment after several test kits issued to US journalists broke down in a few days. Samsung still hasn't mentioned a new appointment.
A Huawei spokesman told CNBC that the Auffalt smartphone had to go according to plan with the Google Android operating system – as it was introduced in February, about three months before the company was blacklisted by the government. At the same time, Huawei manager Vincent Peng told the Wall Street Journal that negotiations were underway, whether Huawei could install a selection of ordinary Google applications, such as Gmail or maps, on the device.
The White House has warned of security concerns that US companies need special permission to do business with Huawei. However, moments later, an exception was made to supply software from a smartphone that had been produced until mid-August. Huawei has announced that the company can bring its own operating system as an alternative to selling power no later than spring.
On the Samsung Galaxy Fold, the view that can be bent and the fold mechanism has proven to be a weak point. Huawei said it was conducting additional tests. "We don't want to issue products that damage our reputation," a Huawei spokesman was quoted by CNBC on Friday. Both Falt devices set a price record: Samsung Galaxy Fold must cost 2,000 euros, Huawei Mate X even around 2,300 euros.
(APA / dpa)