Some tricks that will make your life easier if you are a regular user of Google services. New tools, tips and applications to optimize their use.
In "Tricks to simplify life", we have a collection of the best tips for optimizing the use of Google Drive.
Chat to help collaboration
Another advantage offered by Google Drive is that when you edit documents with some Google original tools, such as Documents or Spreadsheets, if there are several people connected to the document, there will be a chat where you can talk to them. . It's perfect to talk about anything related to the document or about what it is, and if you leave the chat, the news will come via notification.
Convert images and PDF to text
If you have sent a PDF, you do not need to try copying it by hand or using a third-party application to forward it to text, because Drive can convert files by itself thanks to their automatic character recognition.
- Right-click on the image or PDF file that you uploaded to Google Drive.
- In the pop-up menu, click on the Open option, then you will see other options.
- Inside, select Google Docs to open it there. Google Docs will start introducing PDF or image content and will forward it to its format.
- It is possible that some images or aspects of the original were lost.
Look at the history of the document edition
Google Drive also stores history where the date on which the edited document was stored. In addition, in this small history you can also see the date on which other options have been made such as sharing documents, whether you have done it or someone else with access.
- Right-click on the document whose history you want to see
- Click on the option View details
- A detail window will open in the column on the right
- In it, click on the Details option to see the change history
Add applications to your Google Drive
Google Drive uses default office applications created by Google, but you can also add other third-party applications to create and edit various types of documents with them. In fact, there is a complete catalog where you can choose between several of them.
- On the Drive main screen, click the New option to create a new document
- A window will open with applications and options by default. In it, press the More option than under all
- Other windows will be displayed with third-party applications that you have installed. Is there or not, press the Connect more apps option
- This will open a window with a third-party application catalog, point the mouse to the one you want to install and click the Connect option that will appear
Buy extra storage for your files
Google Drive offers 15 GB of default free storage for your documents, but depending on how you use the service, you might not be able to afford it. If it's very quiet, because Google allows you to expand space when you want to buy more storage.
- In the left column of Google Drive, you have a Storage section that tells you how much you have spent
- Inside, click Get more storage
- A new browser tab will open which will take you to the section to buy more space from Drive or Google One
- Just choose your new rate
Step by step: So you can synchronize WhatsApp photos with Google Photos and other applications